Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Adios, Espana!



Today was our last full day in Europe. Because of this, we were granted a free day. While most of the group went to the prado in the morning, several visited in the afternoon. For the kids at home, the prado is an enormous art museum in Madrid. Everyone who went today will tell you that it was amazing, spectacular, or the most beautiful place ever. However, I was one of the two people who did not go to the prado at all, since museums make me want to hurl. Therefore, this morning angela and I walked to a nearby park, got trapped in some huge gardens, missed the palace we sought, and zigzagged our way to plaza del sol, where we wanted to go but believed we didn't have the time. Turns out, we did have the time, accidentally found the Plaza, and still managed to get to the church for Mass before everyone else. After Mass we split into groups again and went our separate ways. My group went to the parque del retiro, relaxed, and then made it back to our hostel at our own pace. It was a relaxing day overall, and we finished with a grand dinner with all 61 pilgrims. I had the steak, but I heard the swordfish was delicious.

That's all I have for now.

See you tomorrow!

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment